Frequently Asked Questions
What is Magnolia Physical Therapy & Wellness ?
Magnolia is physical therapy at home. We are a small, locally owned business, that strives to give excellent customer care. Magnolia provides outpatient physical therapy at home. Outpatient physical therapy is physical therapy traditionally performed in a clinic. We differ from home health in that you do not have to be "homebound" in order to receive our visits. Think of us as an outpatient clinic that makes house calls, it is a service based on convenience and not need.
People who seek our services may be patients who have been discharged from home health because they no longer qualify as being "homebound," but yet find getting to an outpatient clinic challenging due to the logistics of transportation and scheduling. High functioning post-surgical orthopedic patients also seek our services, as these people do not qualify for home health and yet cannot drive due to their pain medications.
We offer home safety consultations, ergonomic solutions, physical therapy visits, and wellness visits. To learn more about what services we perform in the home, click here.
Do I need to be "homebound" to receive your therapy?
No. To qualify for home health services (speech therapy, nursing, PT, OT) you must be home-bound which means it is taxing or difficult to leave the home - only then will Medicare A reimburse your therapy. To receive physical therapy from a traveling therapist (like Magnolia) you may or may not be homebound. Medicare B does not require homebound status.
Where does Magnolia go?
TO YOUR HOME, OFFICE, OR GYM
We come to your home to perform your physical therapy. Magnolia brings the equipment that is needed, and can turn any home into a personal clinic. We also make visits to your workplace if this more convenient to you.If you have access to a gym, we can seek permission from the gym to perform our visits there.
IN PREFERRED ZIP CODES of Atlanta
There is no travel fee for visits made within our "preferred zip codes," around the Sandy Springs and Buckhead area. If you live outside of our "preferred zip codes," 15 miles outside of Sandy Springs, then there may be an additional travel fee which is not covered by insurance.
We take into account frequency of visits, traffic, and distance when calculating this travel fee, and we will waive it whenever possible. Click here to ask about the zip codes we service.
Why are home visits beneficial ?
- You don't miss treatment sessions due to scheduling issues, so you benefit from improved compliance with your program.
- Improved compliance with therapy has shown patients get better results.
- We tackle "real" environment problems of your home, not simulated situations in a clinical setting.
- We can identify risks to strain or injury in your home office or work.
- Home visits eliminate the risk of traveling, especially after surgery when you are on prescribed pain medications.
- We bring equipment to your home, so there is less likelihood of injury.
- You may be fearful or anxious about leaving your home for reasons you wish not to explain.
- You prefer the privacy of your home rather than performing exercises in a more public setting.
- You don't have to coordinate with caregivers to take you to an outpatient clinic.
- You may not have access to reliable or affordable transportation.
- You receive one-on-one sessions with a skilled physical therapist, you don't share time with other clients.
- Unlike a clinical setting, there are fewer distractions in your home --no telephones ringing, no staff or patients interrupting your therapy.
- Your home is familiar to you, and being treated there is easier for those who get confused in new situations.
- People with low vision find it much easier to navigate within their own home.
- Coordinating the care of your children or dependent while you attend therapy can be time-consuming and expensive.
- You may work from home, and your time is precious to you. Having a therapist come to you cuts down on time getting to and from a clinic.
What services does Magnolia offer?
We provide physical therapy for orthopedic conditions such as chronic pain, pre or post-surgery therapy, aftercare for joint replacements and more. For our geriatric patients we provide balance and fall prevention, pain and condition management, strength and endurance training. We provide neurological rehabilitation for people with Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, dementia, stroke survivors, and more. To see a complete list of the services we provide click here.
Do you take insurance?
We are in network with Medicare B and in the process to be in network with Blue Cross Blue Shield. If you are not in network, we can provide documentation so that you can seek reimbursement from your insurance company.